Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A very crafty and fun day!

Today I spent the whole day playing with my kids! The weather was perfect for some bubble fun in the morning! 
After blowing some bubbles, we started our crafty project! My son loves cars so I found a cute idea on Pinterest to make a race car out of  a paper towel tube.

I had so much fun with this project. I think II am going to do this with my students for our transportation unit!

Here are the materials and steps to make this cute car.
Materials:
- tube roll
- glue stick
- scissors
- markers
- crayons

First color the template using markers or crayons.
Then cut your template.
Third you are going to paste the rectangle part around the tube and let it dry.

While it's drying, you need to paste a piece of carton on the back of the tires. The carton will help the car stand easily. (I used a piece of a cereal box). When all the parts are dry, you are going to paste the tires to the tube.

And there you have it! Your race car! You can cut the oval on the top and make a driver! My son loves Buzz so he decided to let him drive his car! ;)
 You can find the car template here.

Have a great week!
Mynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint? 01 09 10