Sunday, October 7, 2012

Healthy Food


Last week my students learned about healthy food, food groups, food pyramid and more! For this topic, you can find a lot of resources like this cute plate template in English & Spanish at http://www.choosemyplate.gov/.



My students had a lot of fun creating their "Healthy Food Tray," making sure they included something from each food group! They love it! Here is one of their trays!
We also talked about the importance of vegetables in a healthy diet. They made this cute craft called "My veggie" and wrote a menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner!



By Friday they were more friendly toward vegetables.
Some of them even dared to try them at home! For me that was a big success! 

This lesson not only created awareness among my students it also made me think about the kind of food that my family and I eat at home. Yikes!!! It's not always very healthy... :-(

You can find this cute activity HERE!



No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint? 01 09 10